The end of the financial year can be a busy and stressful time for small business owners.
We have compiled a checklist to help make sure your finances are in order in readiness for 30 June.
End of year bookkeeping checklist
- Reconcile all bank accounts to 30 June – this includes your business bank accounts, petty cash and any electronic clearing accounts you may have in your accounting software.
- Complete a year end stock take
- Review your Creditors and Debtors and write off any bad debts
- Check any amounts in suspense accounts
- Make sure you have all your receipts
- Reconcile your GST accounts
- Reconcile payroll and superannuation accounts
- Update your asset register if you have purchased new assets
- Prepare Employee payment summaries, after your last pay is processed, give these to employees by 14 July.
- Prepare and lodge BAS by 28 July
- Pay superannuation guarantee amounts by 28 July
- PAYG payment summary needs to be sent to the ATO by 14 August
- Lodge Taxable payments annual report by 28 August (if applicable)
If you would like to engage our firm to assist with your bookkeeping needs please review our services page and then contact our office to discuss how we can help